After a number of software installations and un-installations, the registry becomes full of nagging file references pointing to where the files used to reside but no longer exist. Registry First Aid will find any files and folders that may have been moved on your hard drive and help you correct the registry entries that point to them.
Registry First Aid scans the registry for orphan file/folder references, invalid font references, obsolete Start Menu items, invalid fonts, shared DLLs, application paths and more...
Version 11.3.1 (Download)
Registry First Aid allows you to
- - find and correct:
- invalid file/folder references;
- invalid font entries;
- obsolete Start Menu items;
- invalid application paths;
- invalid registered help files;
- invalid shared DLL references;
- invalid program references in auto run registry keys;
- obsolete and unused software registry entries;
- invalid known DLL registry references;
- invalid file associations;
- invalid COM/ActiveX registrations;
- invalid uninstall records;
- invalid TypeLib references;
- invalid Firewall rules;
- - compact/defragment registry files;
- - review folders where invalid registry keys refer;
- - review registry entries with RegEdit where invalid items reside;
- - create full registry backups before any changes, so you can always restore your Windows® registry to its initial state;
- - create small registry backups of modified registry entries, so you can always restore only modified entries;
- - restore any particular modified registry entry to its initial state;
- - search for a modified registry entry in all backup files;
- - save the list of found invalid entries into a text file;
- - schedule automatic registry scan;
- - search the registry for several strings at once, delete/cut/replace found strings;
- - create registry snapshots;
- - compare registry snapshots, find changes made to the registry and create "undo" and "redo" files for any modified registry key;
- - explore previously created registry snapshots, export any registry key from snapshots into .reg files;
- - control auto-run programs, installed software, "Open With.." dialog, pop-up menus for all file types, Browser Helper Objects (BHO), Internet Explorer menus and toolbars*.
* avaliable for Windows versions that support it.
Registry First Aid works under Windows® 64 and 32 bit of versions 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 2012, 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000.
More info... | Download